Sunday, February 3, 2013

How to Keep Sausage from Splitting While Cooking

It really bothers me when I'm cooking sausage and it splits open. It happens quite often when I'm not watching and it is cooking too long or hot. I have a simple solution to keep your sausages from splitting open when frying, or grilling them. I'll also let you in on a little known secret to keep your sausages from shrinking when cooking too.

We've all experienced that big, nasty split when cooking or grilling up sausages. It can easily be stopped by just piercing the sausage casing one or two times while cooking. Doing so will keep the sausages from splitting.

Oh, and you want to know how to keep those sausages from shrinking while cooking?  Simply roll them in a bit of flour before cooking them. That little bit of flour will help reduce shrinkage.