Sunday, February 3, 2013

How to Keep Your Meatloaf Moist

I hate it when my meatloaf drys out, or starts cracking. It can happen when cooking, even with the coating of ketchup or tomato sauce. Nobody wants a dried hunk of meatloaf. A moist meatloaf is so much more delicious and flavorful. Well, if you have ever had your meatloaf dry out or start cracking, there is a simple solution.

To keep your meatloaf moist, instead of rubbing on the ketchup or tomato sauce, rub a bit of water on the sides and top instead. Basically when I used to prepare my meatloaf I'd coat the top and sides with ketchup, but it would still get dry and cracked. Now I just take a small amount of water and rub it on both the sides and top.

What this does is it keeps the meatloaf from cracking and drying out. Don't worry you still can add your tomato sauce or ketchup topping, just rub that on during the last 15 minutes of cooking. See, it is a simple solution to keep your meatloaf moist.

Do you have the same problem with meatballs? Here is your solution >> A Simple Tip for Moister Meatballs